Become a Member of Mass Farmers Markets
Mass Farmers Markets is committed to providing specialized services to all Massachusetts farmers markets. As a membership-based organization, we allocate more time, focus, and resources to our members.
Market Member Benefits Include:
*When you become a member of Mass Farmers Market you will become a member of the Farmers Market Coalition! If you are not familiar with the FMC, Visit their web site to learn about the organization and what a great resource they will be for your market.
- Two hours free general consulting with first priority for additional consultation at a 50% discount to $30.00/hr
- Unlimited liability insurance consulting
- $100 discount on Market Liability Insurance
- Website listing accuracy monitoring
- Website templates; you do not have to be a geek..if you know how to use a computer mouse, you can do this in a few simple steps. You create a web site for your market and upload photos and other information you want your shoppers and vendors to know.
- Assistance with ideas and implementation of promotion for your market; MFM has the unique capacity to provide professional consultation to member markets in matters concerning policy, marketing, management, etc.
- Representation/Advocacy on a state-wide level; MFM is a leader in Massachusetts agriculture as well as agriculture across the nation. We regularly advocate with legislators and municipal leaders. MFM members have a voice and representation in this process.
- Automatic inclusion in appropriate MFM grants
- Possible use of MFM as fiscal agent
- Unlimited vendor referrals
- MFM provides a centralized location for consumers to gather information about local farms, farmers markets, and sustainable agriculture
- Guidance/assistance with BOH matters
- Guidance/Assistance with rules and vendor site inspections
- Membership allows your shoppers to sign up for weekly reminders that “market is open today”
- Co-branding and publicity
- A vote at member meetings
Links for market member registration and market liability protection are available below:
Market Member Registration form
Market Liability Protection application
|Market Manager Resources||Farmers Markets SNAP Support|
Manage Your Market Information
Do you manage a farmers market in Massachusetts?
Modify your market’s day(s) and time of operation, its location, list the vendors who come to your market as well as the products that will be available at the market. You may also list events, guest vendors and anything else that is new. You can update your listing as often as you like…we recommend updating on a weekly basis during market season.
Contact us to schedule a session on the phone and we can help you get registered and introduce you to the website; we will work with you to enter your information and to show you how easy it is to manage your market’s information. Register with MFM now, to be able to update your market’s information before your market opens.
Manage Your Reminder Services
Register your Farmers Market for our reminder service and take advantage of the opportunity to send weekly reminders to your markets’ customers.
Here’s how it works:
As the market’s manager, you register your market with Mass Farmers Markets. Register Now.
Once you have registered and become a member of Mass Farmers Markets, you will have a reminder system dedicated to your market. Your markets’ shoppers can then sign up to get weekly reminders via text message or email reminding them that the market is open and what to expect at market. You will control the messages that the shoppers receive, and be responsible for entering appropriate information about your market.
This is a great marketing tool for you and for your vendors, and a great value for busy people who love to shop at farmers markets but need to be reminded about the date and time of their local market.